NetApp Technical Specialist will help deliver customer support, services and solutions that give our customers a competitive advantage whilst maximizing profits for the client, and ensuring optimum customer service satisfaction.
The basic functions of NETAPP Technical Specialist include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical support for all NETAPP related service requests.
• Ensure the smooth functioning, repairing and problem resolution within contractual obligations of the customer base either remotely or through the field engineers/technicians.
• Ensure required levels of spare parts are on-site at customer locations.
• Ensure required levels of service response are maintained for all customers.
• Schedule and conduct field audits of customer platforms; prepare and present to customer representatives findings and recommendations.
• Keep current on events in the industry and related technologies; evaluate emerging changes for impact on client and share findings with client management and technical staff.
• Support attainment of client's sales and profit goals by:
o Establishing technical credibility with prospective customers
o Providing technical liaison for sales to assure shared understanding in the technical and delivery requirements
o Responding to requests for quotes and other information requests.
• Build inter-company operating and technical procedures enabling support of NETAPP products.
• Perform other duties and tasks as may be directed by the NETAPP service delivery manager
Accredited in Microsoft products and a working knowledge of Great Plains.
Associates degree or greater from a college or IT affiliated school.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years industry related experience. It is preferred the candidate have NETAPP technical experience exceeding ten (10) years and/or related industry experience with NETAPP customer support.
Knowledge / Skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• The ability to understand customer needs and translate those needs into better call resolution
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret NETAPP logs and error messages.
• Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with customers, colleagues and executive management.
• Ability to create and deliver effective and professional technical presentations, Call reports, and business proposals.
• Strong analytical skills, judgment and decision making abilities. Maintain poise in high stakes situations.
• Experienced professional, technical expertise with NETAPP hardware and software
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office® and other desktop applications
Repair experience on disk replacement, repartitioning and configuration, parts replacement for peripherals such as: tape drives, printers, main frames and the maintenance of all hardware.
In depth trouble-shooting of a corrupted operating system using diagnostics, kernel regeneration, then reconfiguration of all logical volumes and the rebuilding of the customers’ file structure.
Complete installation of new systems: Assemble hardware, load operating system, prepare for file structure, implement networks and configure for administration. Create logical volumes using LVM, set raid levels, partition disks with mount directories and set up predictive support.
Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP and Netservers.
Proficient on all types of HP9000 Pa-Risc and Integrity server.