Working as part of a dynamic team, the Technical Specialist is a highly skilled individual. As well as being able to analyze, monitor, diagnose and resolve complex technical support issues for their chosen product (HP-UX), they are passionate about keeping up with current and emerging technologies and sharing their skills and information.
• Provide HP-UX customer support for all CDS customers.
• Ensure the smooth functioning, repairing and problem resolution within contractual obligations of the customer base either remotely or through the field engineers/technicians.
• Ensure required levels of service response are maintained.
• Cross-train field engineers/technicians on other platforms.
• Provide onsite service whenever and wherever required.
• Attend trade shows, conventions, seminars, and other venues to enhance professional knowledge and to promote CDS services.
Keep current on events in the industry and related technologies; evaluate emerging changes for impact on CDS and share findings with CDS management and technical staff
Accredited in Microsoft products and a working knowledge of Great Plains. Associates degree or greater from a college or IT affiliated school.
Requires a minimum of five years related industry experience.
It is preferred the candidate have HP-UX technical experience exceeding 10 years and/or related industry experience with HP-UX customer support.
Knowledge / Skills
HP Superdome experience essential.
In depth knowledge of HP-UX software.
Providing on-time quality support for 2 and 4 hour contractual escalations for customer’s HPUX and RTE systems environment.
Servicing down systems, broken peripherals, and corrupt operating systems and down networks.