The Director of Product Management is responsible for partnering with Product Owners to develop and deliver on the product strategy. DPMs work very closely with Product Owners - while a Product Owner is responsible for Vision, the DPM is responsible for Execution. The DPM makes sure that work flows across the development teams, adhering to established agile development processes, which in turn allows for effective delivery and reporting.
The Director of Product Management will build and manage a team dedicated to the product solution inclusive of technical architects, solution owners, and the delivery team (developers, scrum masters, and QA). The product teams are also supported by enterprise resources responsible for designing and articulating platform architecture, and assuring efficient and cohesive development and delivery throughout the DFS product suite. The DPM ultimately drives successful delivery of the product while pushing forward upon the platform vision.
Good candidates for Director of Product Management will have strong cross-functional leadership skills, lots of initiative, and will excel at building communication channels. They must be able to cultivate relationships with the delivery team, customer executives, end-users, and other stakeholders necessary to drive high product adoption and customer retention.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for understanding the business strategy and related product direction, and assuring that technology priorities and architecture support the product vision.
• Influence business strategy by explaining technology capabilities to product management and other stakeholders, and suggest release sequencing based on priorities and dependencies.
• Help Product Owners manage Customer and Executive / Leadership team relationships, through effective communications and reporting
o Support Project Roadmap planning, construct implementation plans, and communicate schedules
o Document releases and assures technology resources are aligned to release schedule.
o Responsible for estimating and meeting release targets.
• Support project scoping and configuration, while serving as the knowledge-bearer for testing where required.
• Creates solution architectures that are leverage-able for future re-use across all products sharing the same platform
• Actively seek opportunities to leverage existing technical platform assets to deliver solutions for new business offerings and services.
• Adhere to standards in best practice design patterns and ensure that technical solutions perform to expectations.
• Assist development teams in documenting/enhancing detailed application designs and interfaces.
• Accountable for solution delivery per project scope, timeline, quality, and budget
• Accountable for maintaining product quality through the teams’ execution of proper testing steps, methods, and tools
• Responsible for assuring a fantastic user experience, and maintaining UX consistency with company guidelines.
• Participate in staff recruiting, retention, and motivation, working with HR team responsible for IT staffing.
• Secure, allocate, and balance resources to meet business and project goals
• BS/BA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 7+ years leading Program Management, Solution Architecture and/or Product Delivery
• 10+ years of practical experience in software development, architecture and technical leadership, and/or product management
• Experience managing multiple concurrent software releases
• Experience building teams and hiring/retaining
• Experience managing distributed teams, including off-shore
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, a self-starter and an excellent problem-solver
• Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize workloads
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills are a must
• Experience in client facing applications requiring 7x24 availability
• Solid foundation in client-facing and service-oriented technologies
• Experience in managing development, UX and QA teams.
• Experience supporting and enabling change management programs for development teams
• Architecture principles and frameworks
• Ability to foresee potential expansion-impeding gaps in technology
• Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum, Iterative, XPP) and continuous delivery tools and techniques
• Application and Integration design methodologies, standards and best practices