The Graphic Designer/Visual Communication Specialist is primarily responsible for creating high-quality graphics and infographics in various media, with a heavy emphasis on PowerPoint presentation design to support our Business Enablement Services group. The ideal candidate is highly-motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic, and possesses a positive, can-do attitude. You must enjoy working in a collaborative, high-pressure, fast-paced, and deadline-oriented environment; bring the skills necessary to collaborate and work alongside a wide-range of different individuals; and be open to design input and feedback. This position also requires excellent decision making, customer service and computer skills, and the ability to support a wide-range of projects and activities while consistently producing product of the highest-quality.
• Demonstrate solid conceptual, visualization, and communication skills during all phases of creative development from inception to launch. Deep understanding of current technologies and design trends, and the desire to push the limits of innovation, creativity and storytelling Responsible for designing infographics that communicate complex business, technology, and finance related information and concepts in simple, impactful visual communications.
• Partnering with communications professionals and executives to develop visually sophisticated and compelling executive level communications including but not limited to presentations, reports, messages, briefing documents, toolkits, dashboards, online ”magazines” etc.
• Collaborating with project teams in the development of technical graphics and collateral pieces, ensuring that information is communicated clearly, accurately, in a visually appealing manner.
• Managing SharePoint-based visual library (slides and images) and templates to ensure accuracy, relevancy, and ease of use.
• Providing high quality graphics and guidance on layout and design of SharePoint portals Provide graphic, video and logistical support for a number of events including virtual and in-person town halls, ”trade shows”; lunch & learns, and similar internal events
• Follow creative work from concept to pre-press and post-production while maintaining original design intent, messaging and quality standards throughout the process.
• Support consistent application of company standards across all levels of the organization. Provide training as required to support this effort.
• Work with and manage print production including engaging with company/brand print shops.
• Provide additional communications related duties and event support, as required and assigned.
• Exceptional digital and print graphic skills including knowledge and experience with infographics, conceptual thinking, and current trends in communications/visual storytelling.
• Candidate will possess a talent for translating highly-complex information into clear and concise graphics and for producing multi-page documents that are thoughtful, highly-organized, logical, and easy to digest.
• Experience developing and managing graphics in support of print and digital communication activities including executive presentation activities, reports, electronic newsletters and other internal corporate social media applications.
• Demonstrate “end to end” ownership of all assignments, asking for clarification/direction as necessary.
• Self-driven in the management of time and tasks effectively, acting proactively even when a deadline is not stated or is far off.
• Capable of adhering to deadlines while working on multiple, diverse projects.
• Ability to participate in collaborative project teams and coordinate deliverables/deadlines with clients and consultants throughout all phases of a project.
• Experience managing projects and budgets that are outsourced to creative vendors.
• Ability to perform a range of project and communications duties utilizing excellent graphic, written and verbal skills as necessary.
• Quick and self-directed learner who is eager to learn new skills.
• Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced and energizing environment while consistently producing collateral and support material of exceptional quality.
• Possess a high attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with accuracy.
• Experience creating new processes and/or improving existing processes; willingness to take on tasks that are not graphics-related but support the team.
• A positive, can-do attitude is a must; must have a portfolio of work that demonstrates challenges and solutions
The position requires fluency in English, strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups - staff to executive. Although the position is not a writing position, the role requires the ability to proofread effectively and to write simple, clean text. The candidate should also be comfortable communicating on corporate social media platforms and ideally will have experience using graphic skills to help drive social media engagement campaigns.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEThe ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or associated field and at least five years of directly applicable work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated understanding of business, technology and finance topics - and how to present them visually -- is essential. The ideal candidate will also have experience producing webcasts and an understanding of web design and UI/UX.