A midtown New York-based quantitative hedge fund manager (SEC registered investment adviser and CFTC registered CTA/CPO) seeks a mid-level software engineer to assist in development, maintenance and support of proprietary trading software.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for extending, enhancing and supporting existing firm’s proprietary trading software. The software is written in a number of languages including Java, C, Linux Shell Scripting and JSON web services and relies on Oracle SQL DB for data storage. The ideal candidate will also have experience working in trading systems and would be familiar with basic derivative trading knowledge (Futures, FX, and Options terminology).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer will work closely with both Trading and Research of the firm to enhance, extends and support the proprietary system. Primary responsibilities for the role are detailed below:
• Understand and support current system comprised of Java, C, Shell Script modules and their various interactions.
• Work in quasi waterfall/quasi agile development cycle to develop new functionality as outlined by the firm for specific needs within a team of software engineers
• Write well designed, testable, commented, and efficient code
• Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
• Utilize current best practices for software development, documentation and maintenance.
• Complete complex quantitative development under tight deadlines
• BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• At least 2-4 years of experience at a financial firm developing or supporting trading systems
• Proficiency in Java including POJO, and standard 3rd Party open source libraries (Apache Suite/Swing/Spring)
• Extensive experience with test-driven (JUnit) development
• Excellent knowledge of SQL based data technologies
• History of development of custom web service APIs
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess extensive problem solving skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to meet or exceed deadlines, to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment